My philosophy is to instill the basic skills needed to foster and create a safe learning environment while encouraging responsibility. I will hold students accountable for maintaining appropriate behaviors and following classroom rules. Students are expected to follow the agreed upon rules and procedures. I believe that every student deserves an opportunity to improve their behavior and have a great day at school. Our classroom has a chart labeled: outstanding, great job, ready to learn, think about it, teacher's choice, parent contact. Every student will start the day at "ready to learn." If a student misbehaves then their clip will move down. Students have an opportunity not only to demonstrate great actions and work, but can also strive to be outstanding! When a student reaches this level they will receive a prize of their choice from the class treasure box every other week.
1. Listen when others are speaking and wait for your turn to speak.
2. Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself at all times.
3. Come to class prepared and ready to learn.
4. Be respectful of school, church and personal property.
5. Come to class everyday with a positive attitude!
6. Always give your full attention and effort.
Rewards for positive behavior may include:
- A sticker to redeem in my treasure book once a week
- Verbal affirmation
- No homework pass (equal 5 stickers).